Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Restoring Factory Defaults w/o Disk

• Please log in to reply

Bertrang

Bertrang

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Toshiba Satellite A205-S5855. I restore it to factory settings about once every year, but when I decided to restore it today I could not find my "Restore to Factory Settings" CD. So I am wondering if there is anyway I could restore to factory setting even without the disk, and I assume without a restoration partition.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
There's no way you can restore it to the factory default without the recovery disc that came with it.
If you cannot find it you may be able to get a replacement from Toshiba via their website here:
http://forums.toshib.../m-p/9148#U9148

peter99

peter99

• PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
If you still have the recovery partition (Satellite A200 series)

To recover your hard disk drive using the utilities stored on your
computer’s HDD:

1 Make sure the computer is turned off.
2 Press and hold the 0 (zero) key on your keyboard while powering on the computer. When the computer powers on, the Toshiba Recovery Wizard screen displays.

3 Select one of the options, and then click Next. The options are:
❖ Recovery of Factory Default Software
❖ Erase the hard disk
Recovering the original factory image (recommended
recovery method)