Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

change ms word attributes

• Please log in to reply

eddie460

eddie460

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
I need to change the attributes to a word 97 - 2003 file that I put on. I have a 64 bit machine using Win7 and MSWord 2007. When I click properties of the disk and uncheck the Read-only box I get the message, you will need to provide administrator permission to change attributes. Click to complete this operation.” When I click to continue I get the message,” An error occurred applying attributes to the file D:\ED’S COOKBOOK.doc Access is denied.” When I click Ignore or Ignore all or Try again I get the message,” No matter what I click on I still cannot make changes to the document. This is my personal, at home, computer and I am the administrator. Thanks, eddie460

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
You will need to change the permissions for that document.
Open it's Properties box again and click the Security tab.