Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Slow Computer, Screen Wont Stay Still

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
How about it Shacko do you have AOL? :D

Advertisements

Shacko

Shacko

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

rshaffer61
Hope you do not mind me coming in again, only posted last time to tell him how to paste the links.

Any chance he is on AOL

Yes he is on AOL?

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
http://help.aol.com/...Id=1 0 47608557

and see here to keep your personal data
http://info.aol.co.u...l_software.html

Shacko

Shacko

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
"rshaffer61"

Sorry I didn't get back sooner but I got stuck on something else.

I ran "Auslogics Defrag" like you said and it came up with 1856 problems, should I be running the "fix it" on that program? I'm leery because most of the computer forums tell you not to use registry cleaners. (I had the unhappy experience of running one of them and it took a week to get it off my computer!).

Yes I am on AOL,I get the impression that's a negative?

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
I have posted the AOL fix for you and in relation to your question to rshaffer61 - the Moderator of the forum, he is offline at the moment but I can on this occasion answer for him.

Please do not run any other Auslogics programs other then this one as they may cause unwanted result

You missed this line on his post I think.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 06 March 2011 - 04:02 PM.

Shacko

Shacko

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

I have posted the AOL fix for you and in relation to your question to rshaffer61 - the Moderator of the forum, he is offline at the moment but I can on this occasion answer for him.

Please do not run any other Auslogics programs other then this one as they may cause unwanted result

You missed this line on his post I think.

I just answered you post but it seems like it disappeared,the only thing I clicked on I thought it was part of the program, I didn't activate the registry cleaner part :D

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If you did just the Auslogics Defrag then the instructions i sent would have only done the Defrag as indicated below.

Download Auslogics Defrag from the link in my signature below. Auslogics Defrag in my opinion is better because:

It does a more comprehensive job at Defragging
It will actually show you what it is doing
At the end of working it will show you how much speed you picked up
You can view a online log of the files that Auslogics defragged
Please do not run any other Auslogics programs other then this one as they may cause unwanted results.

As you can see the download and Defrag would not have any other program. If asked about the Registry Cleaner or Pc Optimizer then you would ignore that.
By errors did you get a log with this in the log?

Shacko

Shacko

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
There was a log but I think it disapeared when I hit the wrong button :D

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Shacko

Yes I am on AOL,I get the impression that's a negative?

I am confused.
If it is my misunderstanding I apologise.

I simply pointed out that rshaffer61 had said he did NOT want you to run anything on the Ausologics except the defrag and MORE IMPORTANTLY from my contribution aspect I sent you the AOL possible solution.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 06 March 2011 - 05:27 PM.

Shacko

Shacko

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
I thought you were saying something negitive about AOL; I've got those comments since the day I started using it and I think most of them are right!

Nothing was running when I ran the program from " rshaffer61" :D

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I think what you might be referring to is the window that comes up after Auslogics Defrag is done. It normally shows how much space was free before and then after defrag.

Shacko

Shacko

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
I assume that I don't need the log, since things have improved with your help, thanks a lot. :D

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Re AOL
The main databaase file is damaged:Error 65-FONL

The above was your post on the error you received.

This is from the link I sent you
Sometimes, you may receive the message "The main.idx database file is damaged (65-FONL)" when you start the AOL software. Listed below are a few solutions to resolve this issue. After trying the first solution, check whether you can start the AOL software normally. If you continue to receive the message, try the suggested solutions until the problem is fixed.

The remainder of the suggested solution is on the link.
I was not commenting negatively on AOL, although as you raise the issue a lot of people do now consider it very outdated.
I was sending you the suggested solution to your error message

Shacko

Shacko

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
I did click on your link, but since my AOL was working right? :D I didn't need it, thanks for the link.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Cheers.