Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HEEELLLLLPPPP! "Operating System Not Found"

• Please log in to reply

georgeblitz

georgeblitz

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I am not a beginner at all this, but not like you!! First the problem, then a milliion thankyous... Sony Vaio laptop, 40gb, worked fine until few weeks ago, then on startup, occasionally got "operating system not found" So I would unplug, wait, then it would boot. Started happening more and more. Tried to keep machine cool (has no fan!), also went into BIOS to change how it boots, but not much help there...Why? because the CD drive is EXTERNAL and the wire connecting it is not good and only works when I TWIST it and catch it just right. @#&%&$#@ SONY! :tazz: So, Please help!!!!!! I AM STANDING BY ON THIS FORUM, AND ALSO ON MY EMAIL ADRESS: [email protected] NOW.... 6.07x10E9 THANK YOUS... IF YOU CAN... ARRRGGGHH ;)

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try here

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;321626

paulcomputerman

paulcomputerman

• PipPipPip
  • 257 posts
You should contact Sony about the problem.

djgotee

djgotee

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
If you can boot into the recovery console, perhaps try doing a chkdsk.