Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win Vista drivers

• Please log in to reply

flauros

flauros

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi everyone;
I just registered to this forum with hope someone can help me with the current problem I am facing.

I just installed windows vista on my HP Pavilion dv6-1330et laptop and I can't find any suitable drivers. My laptop specifications are;
Microprocessor  -  2.2 Ghz Intel Core2 Duo Processor T6600
Microprocessor Cache  -  Level 2 cache 2 MB
Memory - 3072 MB
Memory Max - Supports up to 8 GB DDR3 memory
Video Graphics - ATI Radeon HD 4650 Graphics
Video Memory - Up to 2303 MB total graphics memory with 1 GB dedicated DDR3
Display - 15.6” Diagonal High Definition HP LED Brightview Display (1366 x 768)
Hard Drive - 320 GB (7200 rpm)
Multimedia Drive - Lightscribe Super Multi DVD Writer (+/-R +/-RW) with Double Layer support
Network Card - Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
Wireless Connectivity - Intel 802.11 b/g
Most important drivers I need are Wireless and Graphics. I couldn't find any that would work on vista.
Can you please provide me with a solution or links please? Would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Welcome to Geeks2Go!

Get all the drivers from the HP support website:

US: http://welcome.hp.co...en/support.html

UK: http://welcome.hp.co...en/support.html

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 05 March 2011 - 03:47 AM.

flauros

flauros

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I've tried the HP website although the drivers they provide are only for Windows 7.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts
Could these be what you are after http://www.laptop-dr...-vista-drivers/

flauros

flauros

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
The wireless drivers wouldn't work and that is one of the most important things I need. I checked many driver websites, Intel's drivers, broadcom's drivers, etc. but couldn't find one to work. I also tried Windows to solve it but that wouldn't work either. Windows automatically downloaded Broadcom 802.11 b/g drivers and on the device manager the the device driver it says;

"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)" Even though it was Windows itself downloaded it.

I installed windows Vista because I couldn't get to install Win7. During the installation I would get error saying a file could not be found or missing, even though the installation should go smoothly in normal circumstances because I have used the same CD to install win7 before. I tried it with another CD but I still get the same error. Any ideas what it could be and any solutions?