Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CMOS-BIOS

• Please log in to reply

clixto

clixto

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
Ok..just finished...gonna try a couple reboots. I'll check back in 15-30 and let you know what happens

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK great to hear.

clixto

clixto

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
It booted normally..hopefully for now. I'll try again tomorrow and post

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
That is great to hear. I am happy for you now and I will watch for your post tomorrow. :D

clixto

clixto

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
Same problem again with the date and time

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Two possibilities for this are
  • Another low battery
  • Possible corrupted bios

What is the make and model of the system? I can check to see if there has been a issue with the date and time with the system and if there is a resolution for it.

clixto

clixto

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
Asus 1005 HA

I didn't replace the battery yet. I did open it yesterday. The battery is quite different than the pic u posted yesterday. This one is wrapped in rubber and has positive and negative wiring with a white plastic connector piece that inserts into the female end on the motherboard. I fiddled with it trying to unplug it from the MB and the end piece of the battery (white plastic) broke off so I couldn't remove it. I called a repair shop and they said to tape it down with electrical tape and it should stay in place.No biggy. If I have to replace the battery I'll just take it over to a shop where they have the tools to remove the stuck piece of plastic.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK that is the newer type and though it looks different on the outside it is the same battery on the inside. The connections are different but that is ok.
Yep with that old battery you will continue to get the error message until you replace it.

clixto

clixto

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
Any ideas in trying to remove the plastic piece?And where to order this battery?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
A computer shop should have the battery in stock. Disconnect the battery from the mobo and take it to the shop. They should be able to match it up for you. If not they should be able to tell you where to get one.

Advertisements

clixto

clixto

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
OK sounds good. Thanks again.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
:D Let us know what you find out.

clixto

clixto

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
Would you happen to know what type a battery this is? I did speak to a computer shop and they said they don't carry those types of batteries. Idid see some on ebay and neww egg but not sure it it is the right one.

clixto

clixto

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
It's ok. I'll email Asus and ask them to give me the part number and then try to find one locally. I'll check back

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Should be a Cr-2302 or 2032