Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CMOS-BIOS

• Please log in to reply

clixto

clixto

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
Don't I need one like this?

http://www.newegg.co...3-060-_-Product or http://cgi.ebay.com/...2307586084#shId

Edited by clixto, 06 March 2011 - 05:07 PM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yes according to your description that is what you need. The difference is the leads are soft soldered to the battery and then the battery is wrapped in the coating. In reality it is the same battery but they have made it so that it plugs in instead of being a battery connection like the picture I sent earlier.

clixto

clixto

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
Ok..I'll check around for one. Any tips for getting that broken piece out? The white plastic a tend of the battery. The ends where you grasp to pull it it broke off, so I am unable to grasp it.

Edited by clixto, 06 March 2011 - 06:14 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
That you might have to use a pair of special tweezers called a IC Remover made for a computer that is used to take jumpers off the back of the old style HD's and cd drives. They will look like the picture below.

clixto

clixto

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
cool..I'll look around for one of those to

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
This should allow you to get those little prongs under the white piece and then gently pull it up maybe rocking it side to side. Be careful as you don't want to snap the connector itself.

clixto

clixto

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
ok will do..thx

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 14 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.

clixto

clixto

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
I ordered another battery off ebay. I just got it yesterday and replaced the old one. It's working fine now. Thanks again for all your help.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
That is great to hear and thank you for the update. Congratulations clixto. :D for a successful resolution for your issue.

I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed us to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :D ;)
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible

Advertisements