Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD-ROM drive

• Please log in to reply

diesel_life13

diesel_life13

• Pip
  • 6 posts
when i put a cd in my computer it doesnt work...i checked on my computer and the cd rom drives dont even show....they disappeared....then when i went on run i wrote setup (for the game) i pressed enter and it said.... "please go to control panel to install and configure system components" .....how do I do that?

PLEASE HELPP

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try here

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;320553

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;314096

diesel_life13

diesel_life13

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
i tried both methods and they didnt work

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
Try running this and see if that works

diesel_life13

diesel_life13

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
it still doesn't work

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
have you tried a system restore to before the problem started occuring

diesel_life13

diesel_life13

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
what is that?

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
setting your computer back to an earlier point

diesel_life13

diesel_life13

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
how do you do that?

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click System Restore.

On the Welcome screen, click Restore my computer to an earlier time, and then click Next.

On the Select a Restore Point page, select the date from the calendar that shows the point you'd like to restore to, as shown in Figure 2, and then click Next.

On the Confirm Restore Point Selection page, verify that the correct restore point is chosen, and then close any open programs.

Click Next if you are ready to proceed or click Back to change the restore point.

The computer will shut down automatically and reboot. On reboot, you'll see the Restoration Complete page, and then click OK.

After reviewing the stability of your system, you can choose another restore point or undo this restoration. Just open System Restore and make the appropriate choice. After you use System Restore, you'll have an additional task, Undo my last restoration, on the System Restore Welcome page. Remember that you'll have to reinstall any programs that were installed after the restore point.

If System Restore doesn't work in Normal Mode, it might work in Safe Mode. To use System Restore in Safe Mode, press the F8 key during reboot and choose Safe Mode. When your computer starts in either Safe Mode or Normal Mode, System Restore can be used to capture a working previous state. System Restore can't be opened unless the system is bootable into one of these modes.