Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Adding Windows Components Problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ClosetStarTrekker

ClosetStarTrekker

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Hello All,

I am running Windows XP SP3. I am wanting to install the Fax programme for XP. I go into the Add Removed Programs and click on Add Remove Windows Components but a message comes up to tell me that the program is already running. This happens if I turn om my computer and the first thing I do is to go to Add remove programs without opening up another program. I have also tried to do it from the Windows XP instillation disk and the same thing happens.

I need to send a very important fax so any help would be appreciated to get this up and running as soon as possible. I tried downloading a shareware Fax program and I think it had a virus in it so I want to try to avoid going down that path again and try something a little bit simpler.

Thank you in advance.

Paul

Advertisements

noknojon

noknojon

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
Hi -
Please see the diagrams , then ask any questions -

ClosetStarTrekker

ClosetStarTrekker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Hello noknojon,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I have followed your instructions and it worked well.

Thank you again.

Regards
Paul

noknojon

noknojon

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
Hope you got that Fax off in time -

Geeks To Go is always glad to help -