When you say it crashes is it freezing up, restarting on it's own or is there a BSOD that flashes?
Please follow the steps below to enter the Event Viewer program in Vista. This will give me more information into what is causing your issue. You can get to Event viewer two ways and I will post both for you.
• Go to
• In the Search
box type in Event Viewer
in the search box and press Enter
• From this point you can follow from step four from the below method as they will be the same.
• Go to Start
• Right click on the Computer
Icon and select Manage
• Navigate to the Event Viewer
, You will be prompted to accept the action you are going to perform. Click continue
• On the left window pane click on Local
and then expand the Windows
entry. This will allow you to see every error for the past 24 hours as well as the last 7 days in the right window pane.
• Look for the ones that correspond to the times that your issue occurred.
• If any are found please double click and expand the error. This will open and give you more information on the error.
• Please include that in your next reply.
Download WhoCrashed from the link in my signature below
This program checks for any drivers which may have been causing your computer to crash....Click on the file you just downloaded and run it.
Put a tick in Accept
then click on Next
Put a tick in the Don't create a start menu folder
then click Next
Put a tick in Create a Desktop Icon
then click on Install
and make sure there is a tick in Launch Whocrashed
before clicking Finish
It will want to download the Debugger
and install it Say YesWhoCrashed
will create report but you have to scroll down to see itCopy and paste it into your next replyhttp://www.resplendence.com/downloads