Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Crashed and Mozilla Fox wont work

• Please log in to reply

Cinnamoroll

Cinnamoroll

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
yes. and my laptop reboot itself again. when i opened it, the laptop reboot before the window screen can appear. is there something wrong? or it's not finish updating?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Lets try this and see if we can see what is causing the reboot.
Boot the system, and at the second black post screen start tapping F8 to get to the Advance Boot Options screen.
Once there use your arrow keys to highlight the line that says Safe Mode and then click Enter.
You will see a lot of text scroll by but I need to know what file it stops on before rebooting.

Cinnamoroll

Cinnamoroll

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Ok. I'm in safe mode. What do I do now?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hmm it appears it's a driver issue then since it will boot into Safe Mode with no problem.
Lets see what you have in your startup

Please click on
Start and then to Run
Type in msconfig and press Enter
Now click on Startups
Then uncheck everything and restart.
IMPORTANT! In case of laptop, make sure, you do NOT disable any keyboard, or touchpad entries.
If system boots correctly and is running smoothly and faster then we have a startup problem

Post back with the results

Cinnamoroll

Cinnamoroll

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Ok. I did what you told me but i didn't uncheck NVDIA because I'm wasn't sure if that was the keyboard entries. The result was it kept rebooting itself even more. Therefore, i master shutdown it.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK we're at a point some hard decisions need to be made.
Is there data on the system that you need to save?
Did you get any kind of recovery disks with the laptop?
I'm sorry I forgot but what is the make and model of the laptop?

Cinnamoroll

Cinnamoroll

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

OK we're at a point some hard decisions need to be made.
Is there data on the system that you need to save?
Did you get any kind of recovery disks with the laptop?
I'm sorry I forgot but what is the make and model of the laptop?

1. yes.

2. nope

3. hp pavilion dv9000

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK so now only FF is the only thing not working correct?

Cinnamoroll

Cinnamoroll

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
That is correct.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop
  • Please double-click TFC.exe to run it. (Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
  • It will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.
  • Click the Start button to begin the process. Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two. Let it run uninterrupted to completion.
  • Once it's finished it should reboot your machine. If it does not, please manually reboot the machine yourself to ensure a complete clean.

Background info courtesy of DonnaB Thank you

As for TFC, this is a tidbit of an article I found a while back by a MicroSoft MVP.

TFC (Temp File Cleaner) will clear out all temp folders for all user accounts (temp, IE temp, java, FF, Opera, Chrome, Safari), including Administrator, All Users, LocalService, NetworkService, and any other accounts in the user folder. It also cleans out the %systemroot%\temp folder and checks for .tmp files in the %systemdrive% root folder, %systemroot%, and the system32 folder (both 32bit and 64bit on 64bit OSs). It shows the amount removed for each location found (in bytes) and the total removed (in MB).

Before running, it will stop Explorer and all other running applications. When finished, if a reboot is required the user must reboot to finish clearing any in-use temp files.
-- TFC only cleans temp folders.
-- TFC will not clean URL history, prefetch, or cookies. Depending on how often someone cleans their temp folders, their system hardware, and how many accounts are present, it can take anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or more. TFC will completely clear all temp files where other temp file cleaners may fail.

Advertisements

Cinnamoroll

Cinnamoroll

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Ok. I cleaned my laptop using tfc. What should I do next?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Is Mozilla still not working?

Cinnamoroll

Cinnamoroll

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
ff is still not working.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK lets completely remove FF and start over from scratch.
There is obviously something still left over from previously. I'm going to send you HERE to Mozilla's site to uninstall using their instructions.
Then once that is done then go HERE download and install the newest version. Once installed make sure to check and make sure you have the newest updates.
Let me know then if it works.
If not we may need to check your Firewall to see if it is allowing access for FireFox. What Firewall are you using Windows or a third party one?

Cinnamoroll

Cinnamoroll

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Nope. It didn't work.

I used avg as my firewall.