Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

USB port not working and other issues

• Please log in to reply

Shahir

Shahir

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Firstly, its been almost a year now that the USB ports have just stopped working. They do work in the sense that, i can charge my phone or digital camera through it, but the computer is showing no recognition of whatever i put in the usb port.

Secondly, a blue screen appears every time i switch the computer on, to check the disk F. It goes through the process and the loads the main screen with the accounts but this happens every single time.

Some help would be much appreciated!

Advertisements

Schutzengel

Schutzengel

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
first off what is drive F?

these two issues may be connected if it is a USB connected media reader

RealWingsFan

RealWingsFan

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
You could be low on memory .... http://www.microsoft.../addmemory.aspx Also dust buildup or fans not working can cause a system to overheat and cause these symptoms. Missing or corrupted files can cause this also ( remember to restart the computer when updating , installing, or removing any programs to prevent file corruption. ) You could try running system file check... click Start / Run / type in sfc /scannow ( be sure to leave a space between sfc and /scannow ) Have your installation cd handy as you may be asked for it to fix files. it would also be helpful to know what browser your using, and what security tools as some security tools can conflict with each other. For example running two active antiviruses can cause conflicts. Also toolbars conflict. Downloading free screensavers also is a no no as they come with adware or malware.

Edited by RealWingsFan, 06 March 2011 - 12:52 PM.