Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Digital image processing build, help pick parts

• Please log in to reply

Cudaa

Cudaa

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I want to build my first computer that it's main use will be processing and stacking together lots of large 6mb to 18mb picture files, this requires a fast processor and lots of memory. I am going to be buying a Antec P183 v3 case and Antec CP-850 power supply, operating system will be Windows 7 Home premium 64bit. I need help picking the best processor for the job, any suggestions on either the lower speed editions Intel I7 or AMD Phenom II that are under $300 and a matching ATX motherboard that holds 16GB of memory and has a USB 3.0 port? I'm not into gaming but a decent reliable video card is needed too. I've been looking at all the possible parts and just got overwhelmed at the possible combination's, any help will be appreciated... Thanks

Advertisements

Cudaa

Cudaa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Anybody here???