Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Your thoughts on this computer?

• Please log in to reply

lo2

lo2

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Hi there

Just wanted you to take a look at this computer and say what you think:

I am going for this computer:

Antec Three Hundred
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Quad Core 4*3,2 GHz
nVidia GTX460 1GB (Golden Sample)
500GB WD Blue harddisk
4GB DDR3 ram
MSI 870 bundkort med SATA3 og USB3
DVD-drev
Corsair CX500W PSU
Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

What do you think? Have you had any experience with any of the parts?

I would like to be able to play GTA IV which I have been told that it will be able to run. It lies just within my budget, so I am not really going to upgrade anything, but might configure differently.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Maximum video card size: 11"/279mm (Note: some video cards may block access to the adjacent hard drive bay)

There is really not a lot to be said. If this is being built to your specification I would certainly not use that 500Gb as just the single partitoned drive

Other than that I have no experience of the individual parts. If I was going for it I would simply research each part for the published reviews - onviously the independant ones.

Maybe someone who has knowledge of the MB, CPU, PSU and graphics will come in on the thread.

lo2

lo2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Maximum video card size: 11"/279mm (Note: some video cards may block access to the adjacent hard drive bay)

There is really not a lot to be said. If this is being built to your specification I would certainly not use that 500Gb as just the single partitoned drive

Other than that I have no experience of the individual parts. If I was going for it I would simply research each part for the published reviews - onviously the independant ones.

Maybe someone who has knowledge of the MB, CPU, PSU and graphics will come in on the thread.

Hi thank you for your answer. So what you are saying is that I will have to make sure the graphic card is not too big to be inserted in the computer?

And could you please elaborate on the hard disk? I can choose between the following:

Corsair SSD Force Series 2,5" 60GB SATA2, 285MB/275MB/s read/write, incl 2,5" to 3,5" bracket [info] +497.44
Corsair SSD Force Series 2,5" 120GB SATA2, 285MB/275MB/s read/write, incl 2,5" to 3,5" bracket [info] +1218.44
Seagate Barracuda® 7200.12 500GB SATA 3Gb/s (SATA 2.0), 16MB Cache, 7200RPM, 3,5" [info] -92.56
Seagate Barracuda® 7200.12 1TB SATA 3Gb/s (SATA 2.0), 32MB Cache, 7200RPM, 3,5" [info] +27.44
Seagate Barracuda® XT 2TB SATA 6Gb/s (SATA 3.0), 64MB Cache, 7200RPM, 3,5", [info] +727.44
Western Digital Caviar® Blue 500GB SATA 6Gb/s (SATA 3.0), 16MB, 7200RPM [info] -92.56
Western Digital Caviar® Green™ 1TB SATA 3Gb/sec, dynamic 5400-7200RPM, 64MB [info]
Western Digital Caviar® Blue 1TB SATA 6Gb/s (SATA 3.0), 32MB, 7200RPM [info] +57.44
Western Digital Caviar® Green™ 2TB SATA 3Gb/sec, dynamic 5400-7200RPM, 64MB [info] +227.44
Western Digital VelociRaptor® 150GB 10000RPM, SATA, 3 Gb/s, 16MB [info] +427.44
Western Digital VelociRaptor® 300GB 10000RPM, SATA, 3 Gb/s, 16MB [info] +723.44
Western Digital Caviar® Black 2TB SATA 6Gb/s (SATA 3.0), 64MB Cache, 7200RPM, 3,5", Dual processor [info] +827.44
Western Digital VelociRaptor® 600GB 10000RPM, 32MB, 3,5", SATA 6GB/s (SATA 3.0) [info]

So what would you pick and keep in mind that the last number is how much it would add to the total price.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts

NO that was not what I meant, when you reply too large to fit in. There is no question of it not fitting in, it as the above from the Antec site.

Are you building this system yourself or having it built OR is it an already built for sale system.

Your last set of questions are purely a matter of choice.

YOu either have to trust the seller if you are not building it OR search the power requirements of the graphics, motherboard etc, all other comoponents, then youi have the minimum power supply and you add a margin.

The HDD capacity is - whatever you need for your requirements and of course to always maintain a suitable free space.

I suggest you look at this
http://www.microsoft...um-upgrade.aspx

Edited by Macboatmaster, 08 March 2011 - 07:51 AM.