Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

just a question

• Please log in to reply

aliboy66

aliboy66

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Hi my os is windows xp home i am with AOL and am wireless i use ff 3.6.15 sometimes i get updates or i download stuff i get a message saying i have to turn ff off to carry on how can i do this when i turn ff off its still alive and i can't get the updates is there away i can update with ff off? not good at it stuff

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Specifically what updates are you referring to?

If they are Firefox updates, or an update for a Firefox add-on or plug-in, it will only ask you to close Firefox when the download has finished and it needs to install it.

Obviously, in such cases, it's unwise to have more than one active download at any one time.

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 08 March 2011 - 08:56 AM.

aliboy66

aliboy66

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Hi been trying to install adobe flash player 10.2 i get this message the installer will automatically continue when these conflicting application are closed Mozilla firefox.my addons install by them self no problem, some programs i can download and install the program turn ff off it self and some don't is there something wrong?

Edited by aliboy66, 08 March 2011 - 12:55 PM.

aliboy66

aliboy66

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Hi all sorted it was ff preloader that was the problem uninstalled the program now all updates and downloads ok thanks

Edited by aliboy66, 12 March 2011 - 01:48 AM.