Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Gmail

• Please log in to reply

emma robinson

emma robinson

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi

I wonder if anybody can help please - my company have now started using gmail as opposed to Outlook and I hate it with a passion. They have disabled the ability for us to forward via pop and have also disabled IMAP. I want to carry on using Windows mail as it is far easier for me than having to jump between Gmail and Windows Mail. (often having to refer to dozens of previous emails stored in WM).

I cannot seem to configure an account in W Mail as I am not privvy to the server details etc. Is there a way that I can find this if I look at an email that has been sent via the web if I look in properties or is this just not possible?

It is driving me nuts to say the least - having to continually forward stuff to my windows account as they have also disabled forwarding to any email account other than the company email addresses.

The only thing I have been able to do is specify a different reply email address in Gmail settings - so when I do send an initial email, the reply will hit back to my ntlworld account in windows mail.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Emma

Advertisements