Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Hotmail Problem

• Please log in to reply

H. Jay

H. Jay

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
In trying to send an email in Hotmail, in IE, Hotmail freezes at their last line before I can start the email. This just started a few days ago. Nothing at all happens or works on the page, whatever I try to get started. However if I go to Foxfire everything functions properly. I've tried to get to Hotmail for a solution but they make it impossible to contact them through their normal choices all they offer are FAQs which do not address the problem. I'd appreciate your help on this if at all possible. Thanks. H.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Welcome to Geeks2Go!

If Hotmail works fine in Firefox it won't be a Hotmail issue, it will be a problem with Internet Explorer more likely.
See if a later version of Internet Explorer is available for XP, later than the one you are currently using.
The latest version for XP is "Internet Explorer 8" from here: http://www.microsoft...03-08cdecd8852b

Note: You must have SP2 or SP3 installed prior to installing IE8

H. Jay

H. Jay

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Welcome to Geeks2Go!

If Hotmail works fine in Firefox it won't be a Hotmail issue, it will be a problem with Internet Explorer more likely.
See if a later version of Internet Explorer is available for XP, later than the one you are currently using.
The latest version for XP is "Internet Explorer 8" from here: http://www.microsoft...03-08cdecd8852b

Note: You must have SP2 or SP3 installed prior to installing IE8

Thanks Phil...Tried installing EI7 all over but that didn't help at all. I never went to IE8 because I heard they had problems with it. Thanks again for the info.