Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No SLI option in Nvidia Control Panel

• Please log in to reply

dcez6c

dcez6c

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I have a new PC build, except for the HDD. I have a SLI bridge connected to both video cards, and both monitors are plugged into the top video card.

I have:
2 Geforce GTX 460 SE video cards
ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard
CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX

Device manager and Nvidia control panel recognize both video cards. However, when I open up Nvidia control panel there is no option to enable SLI. I installed new drivers from Nvidia and Asus websites.

Thanks,
Dave

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
That board isn't listed as SLI capable. It is listed as ATI Crossfire capable, which is an entirely different thing but works on the same sort of idea of multiple graphics cards. Except obviously only using ATI GPUs.