Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cisco Linksys E1000 Wireless Router not working

• Please log in to reply

hothilton

hothilton

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Have desktop, operating XP. Netopia DSL modem.
Purchased Cisco Linksys E1000 Wireless Router.

My computer is not recognizing the router. When I plug blue internet cable directly into computer-wala-internet. Inline through E1000 I get nothing.
Using this router for wireless PS3 and Ipod touch. Computer is wired directly.

What the hec do I do??? Thanks in advance

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP
If I understand you correctly, other devices can connect using the router but your XP when wired to the router cannot connect. I assume you have tried a different cable or used the cable to connect another device so we can concentrate on the PC.

Start, All Programs, Accessories, Command Prompt. Type with an Enter after each line:

ipconfig  /all  >  \junk.txt

notepad  \junk.txt 

(I use two spaces in the code box so you can see where one space goes)

Copy and paste the text from notepad into a Reply.

Also what make and mode of computer is this? If the network card is a separate card or adapter what make and mode is it.

Ron

hothilton

hothilton

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks Ron for your reply. My wireless is now up and running. Router and modem were not communicating properly. I ended up changing the gateway address on the modem and bang....wireless. Strange problem.
Anywho, I appreciate your time and reply!