Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Maleware Removal

• Please log in to reply

Shacko

Shacko

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
I see where Metallica has a new malware remover tutorial using Malewarebytes, since I use this every day and I always update it, should I reinstall it if I run into the maleware he is talking about or use the one I have on my computer? :D

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Start MBAM and on the opening window there is a Udate tab.
Click on it and then click on the button that says Check for Updates and that will check for new definitions as well as version updates. I just did mine and it shows version 1.50.1.1100

Shacko

Shacko

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
I just did mine but my number is 6005, I guess that applies to the free version. :D All I know is I run it every day and it has been weeks since it picked up anything. :D

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Updates should work the same regardless if it is the free or paid version.
Has your subscription run out by chance?
I run the free version on all my systems here at home.

Shacko

Shacko

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
I updated it again and it says 6011, since I run it every day and update it every day it shouldn't run out, should it? :D Do you think I should upload a newer version? :D

Edited by Shacko, 10 March 2011 - 11:34 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Normally if there is a virus definition update it will advise you when you first start it. If you are running the paid version which is real time then it should still auto update if you have it set to do so.
If not you may want to update it for a couple of days to make sure it is up to date.

Shacko

Shacko

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
I update Malwarebytes before I use it and that is every day, but I think I found out where we are getting two different numbers.

On the toolbar with the version I have there is a word that says (About), when I click it on it brings up the version of Malwarebytes thats being used, that number is 1.50.1.1100, I think that explains why we have two different numbers. :D

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts
Shacko

You found the difference.

On the update tab you get the database version number (currently 6012).
On the about tab you get the program version 1.50.1.1100

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
:D Yeppers that is the right one then.
Same info as mine with the database and program versions.