Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Flickering programs

• Please log in to reply

bug_n_67

bug_n_67

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
After down load I had black screens and it said that I didn't have a genuine copy of widows. Once I uninstalled and rebooted it was fine the genuine logo came back.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts

KB976932

That is SP1.
If it is only 73.6 it must be an update to KB976932

bug_n_67

bug_n_67

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Down loaded the SP1 and it didn't seem to help the problem. I'm going to uninstall CS4 and reinstall it and see what happens. Unless someone has any other ideas, I may have to take it in and have someone check it out.
Thanks for all the input and help.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts

After down load I had black screens and it said that I didn't have a genuine copy of widows. Once I uninstalled and rebooted it was fine the genuine logo came back.

Do not be annoyed by the question but IS IT?

2. I had not given up - after you mentioned the SP1 update, but you need I think to look closely at my post 14.
and if you wish to continue, pls answer the questions.

bug_n_67

bug_n_67

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Yes it is, SP1 loaded fine when I did it today. I wish to continue but I'm not sure what your post 14 is, I see your posted 7 times to my question, so sorry if I'm missing something.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Go to the post numbered 14 is what Macboatmaster is saying. :D

bug_n_67

bug_n_67

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
quote]

I think, what we NOW need to know is - what is a summary of all the problems YOU HAD and although SP1 was shown as installed, my recommend would be to install again, with anti-virus turned off and then list the problems, you THEN have.

If this is the question you mean, reinstalled SP1 and it loaded fine, no other issues other then the flickering programs.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
I am sorry, I must have misunderstood.
I thought you said, you HAD to uninstall SP1, as it had caused some OTHER problems.
which I took to mean, different from the flicker problem.

A number of people have reported to Microsoft problems AFTER the SP1 update, which have usually been traced to driver issues, which were acceptable to Windows7, before the update, but then caused issues including screen flicker.

I was hoping that the other problems, may have given a clue to these present issues.

May I now suggest you go here and check the compatability, as far as possible of all your hardware and software.
The graphics card is as you know compatable.
http://www.microsoft...e&type=Software

Edited by Macboatmaster, 11 March 2011 - 07:02 PM.

bug_n_67

bug_n_67

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I've gone to the site you posted and even down loaded the Windows 7 upgrade advisor. With only one item not compatible Adobe Media Player. Could this item cause the problems with the flickering program, or not really. Should I try and delete it.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Something interesting I just found about Adobe Media Player on Adobe's site.

Based on changing business conditions and feedback from our customers and partners, Adobe has made the decision to no longer actively support Adobe® Media Player software. Effective September 16, 2010, Adobe® Media Player software will no longer be available for download from the Adobe TV website. Effective December 15, 2010, Adobe Media Player will no longer be available for download from Adobe.com. There are third-party desktop video players available based on Adobe AIR® runtime. Please see the Adobe AIR Marketplace for more information. Thank you to both our viewers and our content partners for your support of this product.

Advertisements

bug_n_67

bug_n_67

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
So just an update, in case anyone else has the same problem. It seems there was an update to my keyboard, some Intellipoint set up for Logitech. Once it was removed everything seems to be fine. Thanks for all the input from everyone.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Congratulations bug_n_67. :D for a successful resolution for your issue.

I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed us to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :D ;)
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible