Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Alureon@mbr [Rtk] infection

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Tatie

Tatie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

This is my first time using this forum. My computer is currently infected with an Alureon trojan virus. My anti-virus (Avast) finds the virus and takes me through the steps to remove it but every time it reboots at the end of the removal process and I go to use the internet, I get a message letting me know that I am still infected with the same virus. Is there any way I can get rid of it with my current anti-virus software (Avast) as I would like to avoid downloading multiple types of different software to avoid further infections. Please help me get rid of this virus, all help is appreciated at this point as I'm seriously thinking about bringing it to someone to get it fixed as I've been unsuccessful so far. Thanks in advance

Advertisements

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Hello Tatie and welcome to G2G! :D

My nick is maliprog and I'll will be your technical support on this issue. Before we start please read my notes carefully:

NOTE:
  • Malware removal is NOT instantaneous, most infections require several courses of action to completely eradicate.
  • Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean
  • Kindly follow my instructions in the order posted. Order is crucial in cleaning process.
  • Please DO NOT run any scans or fix on your own without my direction.
  • Please read all of my response through at least once before attempting to follow the procedures described.
  • If there's anything you don't understand or isn't totally clear, please come back to me for clarification.
  • Please do not attach any log files to your replies unless I specifically ask you. Instead please copy and paste so as to include the log in your reply.
  • You must reply within 3 days or your topic will be closed

Step 1

Please read carefully and follow these steps.
  • Download TDSSKiller and save it to your Desktop.
  • Extract its contents to your desktop.
  • Once extracted, open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.

Posted Image
  • If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.

Posted Image
  • If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.

Posted Image
  • It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now.

Posted Image
  • If no reboot is require, click on Report. A log file should appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
  • If a reboot is required, the report can also be found in your root directory, (usually C:\ folder) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt". Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.

Step 2

Download aswMBR.exe ( 511KB ) to your desktop.

Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it
Posted Image

Click the "Scan" button to start scan
Posted Image

On completion of the scan click save log, save it to your desktop and post in your next reply

Step 3

Please don't forget to include these items in your reply:

• TDSSKiller log
  • aswMBRlog
It would be helpful if you could post each log in separate post

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.