Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Battery would never finish charging

• Please log in to reply

yongsua

yongsua

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Hi,may I know why my battery would never finish charging?Every time when the laptop's battery is finish charging,the blue indicator light displays but this time it remains orange indicator light(Charging). Besides,I don't get use to charge my laptop while using it.The maximum percentage only 88% not 99%.
:D

Edited by yongsua, 10 March 2011 - 12:47 AM.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Welcome to Geeks2Go!

The battery may need replacing because it won't hold a charge any more.
That happens to all rechargeable batteries eventually, but premature battery failure can be caused by not removing it when the laptop is connected to the mains for frequent and prolonged periods, such as when it's used at home in a fixed location like you would use a tower PC.

Bear in mind I'm not saying you definitely need a new battery, only that from your post that seems very likely.

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 10 March 2011 - 05:23 AM.

yongsua

yongsua

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Thnx.I thought 6 cell li-on battery is strong enough. :D I may consider to replace a new battery. :D