Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

E-mail virus checking problem

• Please log in to reply

katsmum

katsmum

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,
I am running the free AVG anti-virus checker (have been for years) but lately (within the last 2 weeks), it is adversely interferring with my e-mails. For some of my incoming e-mails, it has started to overwrite its "checked e-mail" message over the top of the content of that e-mail so I lose the text of the message.

The message it is overriting is something along the lines of:

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 10.0.1204 / Virus Database: 1435/3487 - Release Date: 03/07/11

Usually this appears appended to the bottom of the incoming e-mail, but in a few cases this message is the only content of the e-mail. I know that there is more content as I usually read the e-mails on my Blackberry before downloading them into Outlook. This means that for some of my downloaded e-mails I am losing the message that the writer has written to me (in effect rendering the e-mail useless).

Does anyone know why it is doing this and how I can stop it?

Thanks
Kat

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Katsmum,

Welcome to Geeks to Go! :D

I don't use AVG, or even recommend it for that matter, but assuming you'd like to stay with it, then there should be an option to stop displaying that message, which could be the simplest choice. Try this: E-mail Scanner -> Configure -> (Disable)Certify mail Incoming & Outgoing and then restart your system. That won't stop AVG from scanning the mail, it will just stop that message from displaying.

sari