TRY THE SUGGESTION FROM THE MODERATOR FIRST
ie: installing directly from that link, rather than from the Windows Update site.
IF AND ONLY IF that does not work
Go start, run and typetimedate.cpl
If time and date properties open. Simply click Cancel.
If HOWEVER it produces a message that you do not have administrator rights - then that is why the error 1603 is being returned.
If Time and date properties does open
then do this.
Go start, run and type cmd
When the command windows opens
, and then press Enter
If you receive an error message the MSI - Windows Installer service is corrupted or has some other error.
If the installer window opens all is in order, close that and then type EXIT
in the cmd window to close that.
If the MSIExec produces an error message post back the EXACT message pls.
If NO ERROR message is received
Proceed as follows
- Click Start
, type services.msc in the run box then click OK
- Right-click the Windows Installer service, listed in the window and then click Properties.
- If the Startup type box is set to Disabled, change it to Manual.
- Click OK to close the Properties window.
- Right-click the Windows Installer service, and then click Start. The service should start without errors.
- NOW TRY TO INSTALL the update.
If it still does not work - post back pls.