Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows boot failure & hard driver error

• Please log in to reply

Meldy24

Meldy24

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi.

Ive been following the conversation between beefwaffle & michaelg9 about the Fake anti-virus program called "HardDrive" hijacked my computer because I have had the same problem & just wondered what the next step was after I have copied the C:\OTL.txt file to my USB.

To recap…

When my computer starts up, I log in & then it goes into safe mood with no icons etc and then a error message appears..

Windows Boot Failure
Press 'OK' to fix boot failure

2) When I press 'OK' to the prompt above, another window appears with the following message:

Disk Diagnostics
Windows Disk Diagnostics Tool will scan the system to identify performance issues

Check disk options:
• Check hard drive sector
• Check file system integrity

Start Cancel

3) When I hit the start button the following error message appears:

Windows detected a hard disk problem
A problem with the hard disk has been detected.
It is strongly recommended that you download and install the following certified software to fix the detected hard drive error.
Do you want to download the recommended software?

OK Cancel

4) When I select the 'Cancel' button it takes me back to step 2 (i.e. Disk Diagnostics error) and if I select the OK button - nothing happens, no more error messages and desktop is still empty.

Any help please would be great.

Advertisements