Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

new software

• Please log in to reply

bobdonegan

bobdonegan

• Pip
  • 4 posts
i have a hp laptop it got infeted bad, locked up 38 bugs of all kind, i took it to home depot they cleaned it and put mcafee in, now its slow and mcafee scans or downlonds updates when ever it wants .please how can i fix this. the only way the cp runs good is if i deactive it. thank you for your help

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Uninstall it and install Avast. It's a lot less stressful on the system resources which is why your system slows down.

Please download Avast from my signature below. Please make sure you do the registration as it is good for a year or more. When it is due simply just reregister it.
Avast in my opinion is better because:

It's FREE to the Home User
It Updates it's Definitions daily
You can scan Individual Files, Folders and Drives
No buying new versions every year

http://www.avast.com...avast-home.html

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 10 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
I didn't know Home depot fixed computers.
I suspect the op means Best Buy or Staples.

i took it to home depot they cleaned it

Take McAfee back and get your money back.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Office Depot most likely.