Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win XP Pro now requires an OK to boot up

• Please log in to reply

cajun62234

cajun62234

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I had that 'Systems Tools" virus once again today and after I cleared it out, it has caused a minor annoyances when booting up or logging off. When I boot up, it'll display a prompt for me to click an 'OK' as the Owner to finalize the startup.... the prompt also has a flashing data field, asking me for a Password [which I don't have] so I just click the 'OK' and it finishes booting up. When I want to shut down, it'll take me to another 'prompt' which displays a pulldown for the desired functions [shutdown, log off, hibernate, etc.] instead of the normal icons for the same functions.. I figure, if I can resolve the boot up issue, it will resolve the shut down issue as well.
I've gone to User Accounts in Control Panel and that doesn't seem to correct the issues.....

Any ideas guys and gals????

Thanks in advance.
Cajun

Advertisements

noknojon

noknojon

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
The problem may be caused by left over items / alterations from your infection - Most likely cause -
Please post a new topic in the Malware area (and follow directions for required logs) -
Virus, Spyware, Malware Removal
Search engine redirect? Fake alerts? Our malware removal experts are highly trained, and uniquely qualified to help.
Utilizing free tools like OTL, MBAM, ComboFix, HijackThis, GMER, DDS, TDSS Killer and others.
BEGIN HERE: -> Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide »

Thank You

Edited by rshaffer61, 11 March 2011 - 01:06 AM.
Added link to guide