Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

watchdog.sys Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
So you are running with a generic driver now correct or have you installed the new driver already?

Advertisements

chantal7

chantal7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
I have uninstalled Catalyst and The video driver and have not installed the new one yet. I wasn't sure if I needed to reboot after uninstalling.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Go ahead and reboot back to normal mode.
Once there and if you are prompted for the driver then if you are given the option of you have the disk then click that.
Then install the driver from the file you downloaded.

chantal7

chantal7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Go ahead and reboot back to normal mode.
Once there and if you are prompted for the driver then if you are given the option of you have the disk then click that.
Then install the driver from the file you downloaded.

The thing is I did not uninstall in safe mode... I uninstalled in normal mode. Will that be an issue?

I re-booted and installed it. Didn't see any errors like I did before while installing. Thanks for the help, hopefully this works out!

Edited by rshaffer61, 21 March 2011 - 09:07 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

I re-booted and installed it. Didn't see any errors like I did before while installing. Thanks for the help, hopefully this works out!

:D :D ;)

chantal7

chantal7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

:D :D ;)

Thank you EVER so much!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Everything working now correctly?

chantal7

chantal7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Everything working now correctly?

So far so good! I will play a game and listen to some music later on today to see how it goes, it crashed on me last time I did that.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue or is everything now running correctly?
It has been 4 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.

chantal7

chantal7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Are you still having problems with your issue or is everything now running correctly?
It has been 4 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.

It has been resolved. Updating the video driver was the part I think that helped resolve the issue because after that I haven't had the issue come back.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
That is great to hear. Thank you for the update and the step that resolved your issue.
Congratulations. :D for a successful resolution for your issue.

I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed us to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :D ;)
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible

chantal7

chantal7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

That is great to hear. Thank you for the update and the step that resolved your issue.
Congratulations. :D for a successful resolution for your issue.

I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed us to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :D ;)
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible

No, thank YOU for all of your help! I will let you know within a month or so how everything works out. I am going to save this topic.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No worry we don't close topics and you can always get to it from your profile here on GTG. Just look at your profile and to the right you will see a tab named Topics.
Just click on it and you can see every topic you have started.

chantal7

chantal7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

No worry we don't close topics and you can always get to it from your profile here on GTG. Just look at your profile and to the right you will see a tab named Topics.
Just click on it and you can see every topic you have started.

Ah, yes - thanks, that I will keep in mind. But I'll still save it for quick-reference :D

chantal7

chantal7

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Just because I said everything was okay, it haunts me again.

BSOD
Screen:

http://i28.photobuck...nfiniteLoop.jpg