Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Mic problem ....win7

• Please log in to reply

ownty

ownty

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Here is the issue: For nearly 3 months I had NO problems with my mic working, but suddenll, about 3 hours ago, out of the blue it just stopped working. All my friends hear in Ventrilo is buzzing now. I tried my mic on my other PC with Windows XP and it works great, like it did 4 hours ago. Currently my PC recognizes I have a mic plugged in and here are my settings:

It is set as my default recording device.

It is at 100% Sound Level and it is un-muted. (The mute button currently shows a speaker with 2 blue waves coming from it.

I tried plugging it into both the front and back Mic-In lines (the pink ones). Nada.

My Line-In is disabled. I tried doing that to fix it, still didnt work. It was originally enabled when is stopped.

And I tried to record myself AND go into the recording options where it asks you to speak the sentence. And it picks up NOTHING.

Finally, under the Sounds>Recording Menu, The 10 Green bars next to Microphone, is doing something weird. When I first plug in the mic, all 10 bars shoot up Green. After about 5 secs they slowing start disappearing and now it sits at 2 green bars. I have tried this numerous times, and from what I can remember, its always been full. Oh, and for some reason I have 2 Microphone options above the Line-In option.

Please help me. It is statistically improbabable BOTH of my Mic-In ports failed, and the Mic works PERFECT on my other PC. So I seriously doubt is a hardware issue. Something just shut it down

Advertisements

ownty

ownty

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
bump

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Try using Windows' "System Restore" to roll Windows back to a previous state when your computer was functioning correctly:

ownty

ownty

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
been there done that also driver roll back dont work soz
also tried reinstalling drivers, oh yeah it still makes the buzzing like sound on 2 bars even when my 5.1 speakers are plugged in..it says the mic is in when it isnt.
if anyone knows how to fix their a LEGAND.
BUMPY

Edited by ownty, 13 March 2011 - 06:00 AM.

ownty

ownty

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
bump

ownty

ownty

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
bum