Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

outlook error on random email sent and received

• Please log in to reply

dippycb

dippycb

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am working on my BT email through outlook.

I have not changed any settings but have started to get the following message when sending to a known email

"The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address.
< c2beaomr09.btconnect.com #5.1.1 SMTP; 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for"

they are able to send emails to me though!

also on a different email to someone they are receiving my emails but when sending one back to me the message they get is
"The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:
There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator.
<paloma.co.uk #5.5.0 smtp;550 Message rejected due to sender IP reputation ([217.154.15.167]);

they are no issues with the BT email as it all works fine if i go through the BT email site.

have renewed my email address on settings account and also test email works.

all my other emails to and from are working fine!

many thanks if someone could help.

update: since this query i have found out that my IP address is blacklisted, but the one that is blacklisted is not my IP address have also run anti malware virus check nothing is coming up.

would be really grateful if someone has any ideas what to do next?

Edited by dippycb, 14 March 2011 - 05:38 AM.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi mate,

Sorry for the delay. So what's the go, are you blacklisted or not? Yes but no? I just checked that IP address and it apparently is clean. http://www.mxtoolbox...:217.154.15.167

If that is your IP then sounds like problem is fixed. If that is not your IP but it belongs in the BT Internet range still then they need to get their act together.

My guess is you can send now though?

Cheers