Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Any safe/good FREE Registry cleaners?

• Please log in to reply

cajun62234

cajun62234

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
I used to have a good FREE Registry cleaner but have lost the link....any recommendations???

Thanks in advance.
Cajun

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
A registry cleaner will not increase your system's speed or performance, and has the potential to break your registry to the point that your PC is no longer bootable.
We strongly advise that people stay away from any of the registry cleaners out there.
Go HERE to get more information about why registry cleaners aren't needed.
We do not suggest the use of any registry cleaner for the reason stated above. There are programs that can do the job better without touching the registry.

Thanks to Sari for the explanation

cajun62234

cajun62234

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
I have Malwarebytes [Free version], TrojanHunter and BitDefender... I'm retired and primarily seek the 'free' versions which I'm aware that the $30 versions offer more bells 'n whistles... As you may have noticed on my recent post regarding the Logon/Shutdown applications I believe there may be an issue in my Registry....

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Cajun

Edited by cajun62234, 11 March 2011 - 08:58 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I see you have started a malware topic on the issue and only the malware techs can help you there. Once they have advised the system is healthy and clean then we can work on the topic in your original topic if need be.
As far as free versions I stated we don't recommend the use of any registry cleaner as they are just not reliable and in most cases cause more harm then they do good.
There are a couple of steps I could recommend but now that you have the malware topic I have to wait for them to do their magic first. Anything I or any other member suggests in the non malware topic may cause your issue to become even worse.