Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of friendly volunteers serve up answers and support. Get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message and all ads will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account Login to Account

My printer prints out dull tellow colors for pictures

• Please log in to reply

TiFa LoCkHeArT

TiFa LoCkHeArT

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Hey everyone !!!!! ;)

I have a canon i865 printer which I having been using for 6 years already :D

This few weeks I tried to print colored pictures of plain sheets of paper. The printer prints out dull yellow pictures with many lines which totally wasted my ink and time!!!!

I tried to maintain by using the maintanance software given in the canon printer which is to perform deep cleaning. However,the printer still prints out the same dull yellow color.

Hence, I suspected that the yellow ink was ruining it ( I have no idea lol -.-) so i changed a new one... However the results is still the same!!!! :D

What should I do?? Is it because that the printer is old and should be replaced??? Or can I replace something inside the printer

Many thanks :D

Advertisement

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,369 posts
Six years for a cheap printer is actually pretty good. I'd replace it though. No matter what you do to it, it'll still be old. :D

TiFa LoCkHeArT

TiFa LoCkHeArT

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Hey
SpywareDr ! :D

Ohhhh must I really replace one?? Hahahahs which one will you recommend then ???

I really dont wanna waste money on printers but i really wanna get a good quality one... and I have no idea how that printer can last for six years too LOL

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,028 posts
PIXMA MP280 w/ PP-201
Why change if you had such good luck with a Canon why not get their newest and hopefully it will last you another 6 years. :D
69.99 USD is the estimated price.

TiFa LoCkHeArT

TiFa LoCkHeArT

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Oh nice!!!! This looks like a great one :D

Thanks!!!!!

If I wanted a wireless printer with all this functions will the price gap be very big???? :D

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 14,783 posts
$10 more for wi-fi http://www.usa.canon...ers/pixma_mp495

TiFa LoCkHeArT

TiFa LoCkHeArT

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Oh ok thanks!!!!!

Guess my old printer is really old already.... hhahas...

Advertisement