Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No ethernet controller after XP reinstall

• Please log in to reply

kittyrobbins

kittyrobbins

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

I just did a reinstall of XP on a Dell Dimension 3000. Three controllers came up as missing: audio, video and ethernet. I've gotten everything working except the ethernet controller.

I first tried installing the chipset drivers from the Dell website but that didn't seem to make any difference. Then I found specific files there for the audio and video, which fixed those, but I cannot find anything specific for the ethernet controller.

A diagnostic program tells me it's this:
Ethernet Controller
Chip: Intel Corporation 82815/EP/P Solano Host-Hub Interface Bridge (GMCH/MCH A2-step)

Any ideas on what I need to do to make this start working again?

THANK YOU!

Kitty

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hello kittyrobbins.... Welcome to GeeksToGo,,

Original driver for the ethernet is HERE

Scroll down to the Network entry and expand it. There are 3 files located there. You need the one marked as
Pro/100 VE Network Connection Version 7.1.12.0,AOO

Edited by rshaffer61, 12 March 2011 - 07:41 PM.

kittyrobbins

kittyrobbins

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Solved! Thanks. :D

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Congratulations kittyrobbins. :D for a successful resolution for your issue.

You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed me to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :D ;)