Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer would crash when ever it is working to hard.

• Please log in to reply

dooms982

dooms982

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
My friend needed his video card back so I gave it back to him, after I put my card back in and a few hours later my computer started to crash all of the sudden after a few restarts now its crashing on the log in screen. :D so it went from bad to worse.

Im going to see if I can go on bios.

Advertisements

dooms982

dooms982

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
Also I wanted to now if I can use the ultimate boot cd "http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/" to help me find the problem. I am currently using one of my live disk.

I can only use the live disk for a little while.

Edited by dooms982, 23 March 2011 - 12:26 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If you can boot with that and not crash then we have to look at drivers as being the culprit.

dooms982

dooms982

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
When I was using UBCD it would only crashed when I ever I was doing a test. So I went to the store and bought a fan so it can bring in air, an while I was plugin it in I saw that one of the cpu screws was lose so I removed just to see if anything happen and the paste was mostly dried out and the paste on the heat sink was partially burnt so i clean and reapply and did another senser test to see if that fixed the problem. it did, an i would like to say thank you for helping me out.

temp after I bought a fan.
Capture2.PNG

temp during test
3221.PNG

once test is done
111223333333.PNG

im going to see if it would run while playing the video game.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Nice detective work and if the fan was loose and the TIM or Thermal Paste was burnt that bad then it would answer for the abnormal testing results.
Great catch and please let me know what happens with playing a game.

dooms982

dooms982

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
It works just fine, thanks again. :D

chinnicole

chinnicole

• Pip
  • 1 posts
. Run a diagnostic on your hard drive to test it. You can download the samsung diagnostic tool here: http://www.samsung.c....ties/hutil.htm

2. Run a diagnostic on your ram to test it as well: www.memtest.org Let it run for 6 or 7 passes (this will take a few hours).

3. Right click on "my computer" then choose "manage" and "event viewer". Take a look around in those categories to see what kind of errors it is reporting. Could give us some good hints as to what is causing the problem.

4. Since you are getting the BSOD (blue screen), you should probably post some of your minidumps here for someone to take a look at. Follow the instructions on this thread here: http://www.techspot....topic35103.html

Edited by rshaffer61, 24 March 2011 - 06:35 AM.
Removed spam advertising

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
chinnicole all the tests you advise to do have already been done previously.