Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Audio

• Please log in to reply

terryco

terryco

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
A friend of mine has given me his Packard Bell BV IMEDIA 2215 PB80135701 running Vista Home Premium 32 bit sp1. he wants me to get the sound back that he has lost. Where the speaker icon is there is a red cross with "No Audio Output Device is installed". In Device manager the icon Audio Video and Game Cotroller is missing. I tried a system restore and that never worked so i reset it back to factory settings via the utility in All Programs. The problem remains. I downloaded the latest realtek drivers from Packard Bells site and still nothing. I Googled the problem and there are many answers to the problem and i think i have tried all of them. How do i get the Audio/Video icon back in Device manager If i could, then perhaps i could update the driver from there. Is there a scan i could use to look for my problem. I am getting to the end of my tether now and i dont normally give in, but i wonder if a soundblaster card is the best option. I hope someone can help me Thanks.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK then lets make sure the audio is enabled in the bios.
Reboot the system and at the first post screen tap the Del key normally and it should get you into the BIOS
In there find either the Advanced, Onboard or Integrated Peripherals areas.
Using the keyboard arrow keys scroll down to the Audio entry and make sure it is Enabled and if not then look at the bottom of the screen it will tell you how to adjust or modify the values to Enable it.
When done make sure to click F10 to Save and Exit with the setting.
You will then be asked to click Y to Verify the Save and Exit
The system will now reboot with the new settings saved.
Let me know if this helps.

terryco

terryco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Yes i'm sorry i tried that allready. It was enabled i tried stopping it rebooted and re enabling it but still no joy. I have just found in Add Hardware Wizard the icon Audio Video And Game Controller that i was looking for. I clicked it and it now appears in Device Manager. I clicked Realtek Drivers and they are unable to start code 10. If you can give me any more help would be most gratefull.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
By using 2 different Tech support sites you can run the risk of having conflicting advice given and that can lead to a system being made unusable or unstable.
If you would like help from the other site Vista Forum then please request from a Administrator or Moderator that this topic be closed. If you would like GTG to help then please ask for the other topic to be closed. Thank you

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I would also suggest visiting this Topic for the most common HD Audio problems and resolutions.

terryco

terryco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
I apologise, I never knew you were connected. I have only had one bit of feedback from them early this morning and as i said i just want to get this problem sorted. I have asked for the topic to be closed in Vista forums and would like the help of this forum. Thank You.

terryco

terryco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
I apologise, I never knew you were connected. I have only had one bit of feedback from them early this morning and as i said i just want to get this problem sorted. I have asked for the topic to be closed in Vista forums and would like the help of this forum. Thank You.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No problem. :D
Lets start with the basics so I can see what you are seeing please.
Please Go to

1: STARTand the click on RUN
2: Type in devmgmt.msc
3: Click Enter

To do a screenshot please have click on your Print Screen on your keyboard. It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
Now go to Start and then to All Programs
Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
In the Empty White Area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop

Attach it to your next reply

terryco

terryco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Heres the attachment As i said i have only just got the Audio/Video icon back.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No attachment included. :D

Advertisements

terryco

terryco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Ill Try again

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled.jpg

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Please expand the Audio and Video controller entry and resend screenshot.

terryco

terryco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
DM.jpg

Thes are what i got from add hardware wizard error 10 unable to start

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hmm two HD audio entries.

OK then I need to see what the Audio Properties show as your default audio device.
Go to Start and then to Control Panel
Right click on the Sound or Audio Devices and then click on Properties
At the top of the window click on Audio and what does it say for Default Audio Device?
Click on Playback and same information?

Also if you open the drop down menu does it show any other entries?

terryco

terryco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
There were none i clicked on two on hardware wizard. Will i delete one? None of them start