Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Audio

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yep delete one as they may be conflicting.

Advertisements

terryco

terryco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
In Control Panel Right clicking sound only gives me Open or Create shortcut no properties but on opening Playback and recording gives no audio devices are installed Also the Ads instant hdtv pci i put there.

Edited by terryco, 13 March 2011 - 12:26 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Usually once the audio is enabled in the bios it will pop up a message saying new hardware found.
If you have deleted the audio driver in the device manager, rebooted after setting the audio enabled in the bios, then if no message I would venture to say a bad audio onboard.
At that point purchasing a soundcard would be the next option. Make sure to disable the onboard audio in the bios before booting into windows with the new soundcard.