Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Returned Laptop to Factory Settings, Virus Still Active!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

indiebaby

indiebaby

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Sorry for the delay, when i turned off the computer there where about 50 windows updates.

I did boot up in safe mode, the virus was even active then when i took a look at sample pictures to see if things acted strange. No internet connections where advailable from safe mode so i had to reboot normally.

Just out of curiosity, do you have an idea what kind of trojan/virus this is at all?

Advertisements

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Hi indiebaby,

After all I have seen I think you have problem with your system or drivers. I think that your PC is clean.

Please open new topic in Windows Vista™ and Windows 7™. There are experts that will help you with your system. Write down that you were sent from here and there is great chance that your system or driver is causing this problem.

I will leave this topic open until you finish your check there and I see that your system is fine.

indiebaby

indiebaby

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Thank you very much for your time Maliprog! I def will do, but after the last few hours i need a break from this computer stuff and i dont think im alone here :D Have a good, day, night what it may i appricate the help.

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Good bye and I hope you'll solve your PC problem. :D

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.