Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Laptop Is Skipping! Still unresolved!

• Please log in to reply

indiebaby

indiebaby

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Maliprog helped me and said i should come here.

quote:

"Hi indiebaby,

After all I have seen I think you have problem with your system or drivers. I think that your PC is clean.

Please open new topic in Windows Vista™ and Windows 7™. There are experts that will help you with your system. Write down that you were sent from here and there is great chance that your system or driver is causing this problem."

^Orginal Post: http://www.geekstogo...ve/page__st__15

As mentioned my laptop seems to be skipping a bit. It can be difficult to type sometimes like when i try to
go back and fix a word it seems to jumble my words so hope you can bear with me! I described much of this in
the post i made orginally thinking i had a virus of some kind. Even after system restore to the factory settings
the problem still seems to be happening. Scroll bar will move on its own, things highlight by themselves..

I will provide nessary information the best i can! Thanks for reading & i hope you can help me figure this out!

Edited by indiebaby, 15 March 2011 - 07:18 AM.

Advertisements

Snaps

Snaps

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
My personal experience with this sort of thing is that you video driver might be out of date. Try going to the website of the brand of laptop and then navigate to the drivers page and see if your system matches the newer drivers. If you have any problems finding drivers go ahead and post your computer specs and the brand (dell, gateway, ect...) I will see if i can find them for you and give you links if you cant.

indiebaby

indiebaby

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
When im my device driver there is a lot going on. Im not even sure what i should look for or what driver is what. I have a Toshiba satellite l655.

When i went to Device Manager, Actions, Update Driver Software, Windows said everything was up to date.

Snaps

Snaps

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

When im my device driver there is a lot going on. Im not even sure what i should look for or what driver is what. I have a Toshiba satellite l655.

When i went to Device Manager, Actions, Update Driver Software, Windows said everything was up to date.

Okay i will look at drivers. Anyone else have any ideas?

indiebaby

indiebaby

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
How do you do that? Maybe someone who is a mod/trusted helper has run into this issue before??

Its getting worse. Like, when you take a 1-10 kind of questionare and have to bubble in which number, it'll just disregard what im clicking, keep hitting all the numbers. Even in paint, trying to change a number scale the options will go back and forth from pixes/percentile.

gorham

gorham

• PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
i read through the post quickly were maliprog helped you .
So this just happens with your wireless mouse?
or is it the keyboard on the laptop too?
IF keyboard too can you try an external keyboard?
If it's your wireless mouse have you tried changing the batteries? or try a usb corded mouse.

I'm trying to help shuffle through the easy stuff.

Snaps

Snaps

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

i read through the post quickly were maliprog helped you .
So this just happens with your wireless mouse?
or is it the keyboard on the laptop too?
IF keyboard too can you try an external keyboard?
If it's your wireless mouse have you tried changing the batteries? or try a usb corded mouse.

I'm trying to help shuffle through the easy stuff.

This is a good idea. As for drivers. If windows says they are working properly chances are that they rly are. If not head over to http://www.csd.toshi...t/jsp/home.jsp# and click on downlaod at the top. Then navagate to your laptop.

indiebaby

indiebaby

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Thanks snaps, i did go though some of that process. I'm going to try calling Toshiba too.

Gorham~ This problem is unlike anything i've seen. Its not triggered by the mouse, keyboard... Its beyond my control at all. Things
just kinda move on their own all over the place. When i type and i try to go back and edit something, this happens--> it was reallywaram and sunny tere was lots ooss To that effect, shuffles words around. Just defragmented for the [bleep] of it. Hopefully someone stumbles across who can help me out untill then gona ask around!

Snaps

Snaps

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Thanks snaps, i did go though some of that process. I'm going to try calling Toshiba too.

Gorham~ This problem is unlike anything i've seen. Its not triggered by the mouse, keyboard... Its beyond my control at all. Things
just kinda move on their own all over the place. When i type and i try to go back and edit something, this happens--> it was reallywaram and sunny tere was lots ooss To that effect, shuffles words around. Just defragmented for the [bleep] of it. Hopefully someone stumbles across who can help me out untill then gona ask around!

Just humor me and see if there are any USB drives plugged in that you did not palce there. Just a random though of a ghost mouse and keyboard usb a friend may have done as a joke. ITs a long shot and i dought it but ya never know lol

indiebaby

indiebaby

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
haha Nah, Snaps... Checked in Device Manager and all i have is whats suppose to be there.