Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2003 hangs on email reply

• Please log in to reply

Home Bass

Home Bass

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Greetings,
This problem just started the other day. I attempted to reply to an email. No reply window opened and Outlook just hung. I had to CTRL-ALT-DEL to close it. Problem has not gone away after a reboot. Word works on its own. I tried changing settings so Word was no longer the editor and I did get a reply window but the signature had extra lines inserted and I decided to try to return to Word as editor. I did a Detect & Repair before resetting Word as editor. Once again, as I tried to reply to an email, Outlook hung, this time with a window saying "Starting Microsft Office Word 2003 as your email editor...". Can you help?
Thanks,
Carl

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Try using Windows' "System Restore" to roll Windows back to a previous state when your computer was functioning correctly: