Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

more resolution, is it possible ?

• Please log in to reply

navid4u

navid4u

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I've just bought an Asus netbook with a 7-inch LCD, now i have installed an accounting software. the resolution is basically 800*600 and it cant be increased, basically the main window of this application runs in the resolution 1024*768, so nearly half of this software out is not shown in the LCD actually it doesn't fit. now what I'm looking for is a kind of software by which i can scroll the screen or something like that. or maybe a software which can emulate a virtual resolution for windows xp. i don know, but this accounting software was the only reason i bought my laptop for, so you guyz see how important this question is for me :D thank u very much waiting for the experts for solution :D

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts

I've just bought an Asus netbook with a 7-inch LCD

Asus no longer sell these, for a number of reasons one of which is the difficulty you have.
Their smallest is now 8.5 I think.
They announced this decision in March 2009.

Please do not think I am criticising your purchase, but you will encounter the same problem with a lot of software you install.
that resolution is the max available on that netbook.

Send me pls details of the program - the accounting software.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 15 March 2011 - 11:53 AM.

navid4u

navid4u

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I've just bought an Asus netbook with a 7-inch LCD

Asus no longer sell these, for a number of reasons one of which is the difficulty you have.
Their smallest is now 8.5 I think.
They announced this decision in March 2009.

Please do not think I am criticising your purchase, but you will encounter the same problem with a lot of software you install.
that resolution is the max available on that netbook.

Send me pls details of the program - the accounting software.

i guess this netbook is the best thing i have ever bought, im not kidding but comparing with its price and also its portability , it's next to the best :D
yes you are right this are not manufactured anymore. i think there is no way to adjust the accounting software, what i need is simply a larger resolution, btw the software is macromedia flash based which is converted to .exe afterwards ,in any other cases changing the compatibility properties could have worked. thanx, still i'm looking for a solution...

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
The solution would be to install a 7" LCD capable of 1024x768, (assuming the built-in video card can also handle that resolution of course).

Good luck.