Can't get on internet
Posted 30 March 2011 - 11:47 AM
Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:02 PM
Leave AVP for now. Do you have Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 installation disk?
You have lot of changed system files and I would like to replace them.
Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:59 AM
Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:27 PM
There is no easy way we can do this without installation disk . Let's try DR.Web...
Download Dr.Web CureIt to the desktop:
- Doubleclick the drweb-cureit.exe file and click Scan to run express scan. Click OK in pop-up window to allow scan.
- This will scan the files currently running in memory and when something is found, click the Yes button when it asks you if you want to cure it. This is only a short scan.
- Once the short scan has finished, select Complete scan.
- Complete scan sometimes takes up to 3 hours to finish so please be patient.
- Click the green arrow at the right, and the scan will start.
- Click Yes to all if it asks if you want to cure/move the file.
- When the scan has finished, in the menu, click File and choose Save report list
- Save the report to your desktop. The report will be called DrWeb.csv
- Close Dr.Web Cureit.
- Important! Reboot your computer because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.
- Copy and paste that log in the next reply. You can use Notepad to open the DrWeb.cvs report.
NOTE. During the scan, pop-up window will open asking for full version purchase. Simply close the window by clicking on X in upper right corner.
Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:02 AM
I'm just posting quickly to make sure this thread doesn't get closed. I haven't got the logs for you yet because I haven't had much time to look at my laptop - my son, partner and myself have all been ill so it's been a pretty bad week.
Thanks for being patient,
Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:12 AM
Thank you for letting me know. Post your logs when you finish with the scan. Get well soon!
Posted 05 May 2011 - 11:07 PM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users