Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with Windows Me

• Please log in to reply

bossmanuk

bossmanuk

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I have realised that my PC has been running very slow lately. When i checked the processes with Process explorer, 100% CPU was being used. After checking, the process "Microsoft PC state Manager" was using 96% of my CPU. I am not sure if this is a problem with Windows Itself, or a Virus posing as a valid windows Process.

I have tried ad-aware, Spybot, and AVG virus scan - all coming up clear (Apart from a few tracking cookies found in ad-aware). I don't know what else to do.

Hijakthis report removed
[U]

I hope you guys can help!! It's barely possible for me to use my computer.

Note: I also have all Windows Updates installed, but for some reason, it says that i have Internet Explorer version 5.51 SP1 (At the top of the HijackThis report), even though i have V6. - checked by opening IE, and going to About Internet explorer

Edited by bossmanuk, 29 May 2005 - 04:30 AM.

Advertisements

kool808

kool808

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,690 posts
Hello and welcome to Geeks to Go! :tazz: I'm kool808

In the future, please DO NOT post your HJT Log in this forum unless you are told so.

First, I need you to read and follow the instructions HERE.

Then we'll need you to use a free diagnostic tool (HiJackThis) and post a log HijackThis Log <username> - Please Diagnose as a new topic in the HijackThis Forum. It will get a better response there from the people most qualified to analyze logs.

Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, DO NOT delete or modify anything yet! Someone will be along to tell you what steps to take after you post the contents of the scan results.

bossmanuk

bossmanuk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Ok, i have used all of the spyware/virus cleaning programs, i will post my Hijackthis log in the forum. Thanks for your help!