Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hard disk partition help for Windows 7

• Please log in to reply

TechyMom5

TechyMom5

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
Hi there!

I need some help and hope someone can assist me soon. I have a dell inspiron 1525 and just upgraded the hard drive from 250 gb to 320 gb I used Acronis Migrate Easy to clone the old hard drive to the new and then when I went to try an partition the hard drive it was not as simple as I would have thought. so now I have this 320 gb hard drive that is the size of the 250 gb one. I don't want to mess with anything but really hope someone can help me real soon. please advise. Thanks!

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Try this Paragon Partition Manager. Read the help sections. It is very, very good.

> http://download.cnet...tml?tag=mncol;1

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Well put it in the most simplest of terms... what are you looking to achieve? Do you want to increase the current 250GB partition so it takes up the full size of the 320GB drive? With Vista (and 7) you are able to expand the current partition using Disk Management easily, especially if there is already free space on the drive.

Cheers

TechyMom5

TechyMom5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
I would like to thank you both for replying to my post. after some extensive research of my own I finally figured out what I had done wrong. When cloning the 250gb over to the 320gb drive i selected "as is" which made the 320gb the same size as the 250. none the less i reformatted the 320gb drive and started from scratch and now it is partitioned properly. I also ran a whindows disk check on the new 320gb to make sure all was well after I replaced it on my laptop. I finally got it!. Thanks again you both have been very helpful.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts
Glad you got it sorted :D and explaned how you solved it.

Thank you for posting back to G2G.