Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Flash Videos from Youtube ar just black squares.

• Please log in to reply

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
Hello to all.

Yesterday - watching videos on Youtube with no problems.

Today - videos from youtube load as black squares. There is no video, no audio, and no progress bar.

Started trying to resolve the issue by installing the latest version of Flash. Didn't work.
Next, as per posts I found during research, disabled hardware acceloration with the flash player settings. Didn't work.
Then, I reset my browser (IE version 8). Didn't work.
Next, I upgraded my browser to IE 9. Didn't work.
Cleared my history, cache, etc. Didn't work.
Reset my modem and router. Still not working.

It should be noted, however, that Youtube has a test video and I can play that one just fine (strange!). If I try to play any of the "real" videos, I get nothing.

I found post after post after post on this and have tried all of their recommendations (outlined above). Have any of you ever heard of this and if so, do you know how to fix it?

My OS is Windows 7 64bit.

Thanks,

Magus

Advertisements

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 625 posts
Update -

Today, I was mentioning my issue with a guy at work. We neither one could get videos to play on either of the two computers. Several hours later and back at the house, I found that my wife and kids were able to watch videos on their accounts, but I still can't watch them on mine. I checked browser settings and didn't see any differences. Must be an app of some sort blocking this. Doubt it's a virus, but I'm running a full scan now as I've run out of other ideas.

Also checked MSCONFIG for strange startup items but didn't see anything out of the ordinary there.

Until next time....

Magus