Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A disk read error random explorer.exe crash + more

• Please log in to reply

Leftum

Leftum

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Sorry if this has come up before i tried reading a bunch of thread before I made my account. Im having a host of problems.

My rig is 2 months old I built it myself(my first time). Its been working fine until now.
I have a 1TB HD - 4GB RAM - INTEL I5 2500 processor - Radeon HD 6970 graphics card - P67 EXTREME4 P6 motherboard

Right so im having a few problems that all started happening yesterday.
First all the programs will stop responding at once for 10-30 seconds then resume like nothings wrong. When I alt tab it brings up the menu and lets me cycle through but other then that nothing happens (the program i select doesnt pop up).
Then eventually the computer will freeze and either turn itself of or have to be manually turned off.
50% of the time when this happens if i try to reboot I get a message stating "A disk read error ctrl alt delete to restart"
Then twice today my explorer.exe simply left me only to return on reboot.

I cant find any correlation between anything im doing and when these things occur. Ive had these problems while running every program known to man and while simply browsing the web. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements