Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Red tint/ghosting effect to text

• Please log in to reply

Erichw

Erichw

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I recently bought a new desktop with a NVidia GeForce 7900 GTX 512MB GDDR3 (Dual DVI -HDTV) graphics card (refurbished) and a new Acer S243HL 24 inch LED monitor (brand new).

The images and videos etc are fine however the text on the screen appears to have a red tint to it as if the colour calibration or something is out of focus. Could this be a graphics card issue or is it something to do with the screen?

Ive also noted that when I zoom in or make the text appear larger that this issue seems to fade slightly. How can I set the required text size in Windows 7 64 bit?

Edited by Erichw, 18 March 2011 - 09:23 AM.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
In Windows 7, do you have the resolution set at 1920 x 1080?

Erichw

Erichw

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Yes I have it at 1920 x 1080 (as recommended) and Windows 7 does recognize my monitor as Acer S243HL.