Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

svchost.exe - Application Error Message

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

dawline

dawline

• Pip
  • 3 posts
When I first Boot Up my Computer I get an "Error Message" that Says: (Svchost.exe - application Error 0x7c919af2 "THE MEMORY COULD NOT BE WRITTEN"?
NOT SURE WHAT THIS ERROR MESSAGE MEANS?
****I RAN CHKDISK TO TRY AND RESOLVE THE PROBLEM, BUT NO LUCK? I'm hoping someone there has knowledge regarding the Error Message?

Edited by rshaffer61, 19 March 2011 - 03:17 PM.
Removed posted log.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Hello and welcome to Geeks to Go.

You have, as you know actually posted this thread twice.

Once on the 14 March in the Malware forum on this link
http://www.geekstogo...__fromsearch__1

and once here of course yesterday.

I appreicate you have not had a reply in Malware but they are extremely busy and you should, having gone 3 clear days without a reply, posted in the waiting room, as explained in the malware forum.

What I can tell you why you are waiting is that you have unwanted software on your computer.
Auslogics) -- C:\Program Files\Auslogics\Auslogics BoostSpeed\BoostSpeed.exe
Keep well away from any registry cleaners, boosters, make your computer go faster programs.

(MoSo Anti-Malware Real-Time Monitor)
That if it is the Moatsoft program, is undesirable here is the Web of Trust report
http://www.mywot.com...rd/moatsoft.com

You appear to have the full Norton Protection suite running, but are also running at startup various other scans, such as the above auslogics boost speed and the MoSo.

NEVER HAVE MORE THAN ONE ANTI-VIRUS running in real time and depending on what it is , more then one anti-spyware.

THAT ALL SAID - in view of the error and your post in Malware, PLEASE DO NOT NOW attempt removal of anything until advised by a Malware expert.
PLEASE GO BACK to your Malware post and immediately above the post you will see the link to the waiting room, in the summary of the rules.

NB - I have now asked for this thread to be closed.
That is done to prevent further replies and keep everything tidy.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 19 March 2011 - 01:26 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Macboatmaster has explained the situation perfectly. The reason we can't assist right now in the Tech forums is because you have a open Malware topic that really needs to be addressed. Once that is done and if the issue is not resolved please return to this forum and start a new topic.
We will then look at other options to resolve the issue.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation. :D

Closing this topic for now.