Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Usb Driver problem (exclamation mark in device manager)

• Please log in to reply

uu60

uu60

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Hi, I am using an Asus G73-JH Laptop, and since switching hard disks from another of my computer (with all my data), I reinstalled all of the drivers, including the most recent chipset drivers. Currently, my computer won't recognize or even detect any USB keys or my logitech mx performance wireless mouse. What I have done up to date is try the mouse/keys on another computer and they both worked without drivers or anything additional on 2 other computers on windows 7. I then uninstalled the devices (standard enhanced pci to usb host controller) in device manager (2 identical ones with yellow exclamation marks) and restarted my computer (once with deleted drivers when asked and once without). I tried disabling the 2 devices, which changed nothing and I also tried to manually point the deivces to the chipset driver which did not work and returned error code 37. Additional info : Windows 7 64 bit. everything else works 100%. Thanks for the help, I really need my mosue to game :D

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Possible driver conflict/s, did you uninstall all drivers from the previous computer.

I then uninstalled the devices (standard enhanced pci to usb host controller) in device manager (2 identical ones with yellow exclamation marks

Did you then go into the control panel and use the detect new hardware wizard, also did you right click on the yellow exclamation marks and if so what were the options or any error message/s given.
Im sure you have looked into error code 37 and so are aware it refers to driver issues, but resolving driver conflicts is not as straight forward as uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, you need to know what you can safely remove ie you will need to know what hardware and software is fitted/installed in the G73-JH, use Belarc Advisor to get this information and also to obtain recommendations on how to resolve any issues http://download.cnet...4-10007277.html
Use Driver Sweeper (W7 version) to remove any left over driver remnants http://downloads.gur...ad.php?det=1655