Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need help.......please

• Please log in to reply

sausdog

sausdog

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello to all,now please go easy im not the greatest with computers when i was at school they were the size of a rather large house so needless to say we didnt have any.So to the point.
I think this started with a crash of firefox but i will explain all.I have a laptop running another monitor from it.On the laptop screen i use chrome on the monitor i use firefox and roboform on firefox.Firsfox crashed and i lost the roboform symbol on the toolbar so i cant access it now in firefox.I have started using ie which i dont really want but roboform works fine with this.The trouble i have now is that when i want to access certain pages in chrome i get a message saying you have lost nspr4.dll please reload (or wording similar)My initial feeling was a system restore but on windows 7 it seems you cant pick a date and the ones being offered dont go back far enough for this to make an effect.I have dumped chrome and firefox and reloaded chrome but it still gets the nspr4.dll message so i really dont know what to do.
Im really hoping this is fairly simple and that someone can help a rather computer idiot with an easy way of getting over this problem.The laptop is only a month old and i have done all i can to make sure it runs ok and keeps clean then i get this.
Anyway soory to go on and please help me,many thanks to anyone that replies.

Advertisements

sujit-agarwal

sujit-agarwal

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Hello to all,now please go easy im not the greatest with computers when i was at school they were the size of a rather large house so needless to say we didnt have any.So to the point.
I think this started with a crash of firefox but i will explain all.I have a laptop running another monitor from it.On the laptop screen i use chrome on the monitor i use firefox and roboform on firefox.Firsfox crashed and i lost the roboform symbol on the toolbar so i cant access it now in firefox.I have started using ie which i dont really want but roboform works fine with this.The trouble i have now is that when i want to access certain pages in chrome i get a message saying you have lost nspr4.dll please reload (or wording similar)My initial feeling was a system restore but on windows 7 it seems you cant pick a date and the ones being offered dont go back far enough for this to make an effect.I have dumped chrome and firefox and reloaded chrome but it still gets the nspr4.dll message so i really dont know what to do.
Im really hoping this is fairly simple and that someone can help a rather computer idiot with an easy way of getting over this problem.The laptop is only a month old and i have done all i can to make sure it runs ok and keeps clean then i get this.
Anyway soory to go on and please help me,many thanks to anyone that replies.

Here is the solution to your problem buddy:

The most common occurring error messages caused by problems with :

THE PROBLEM THAT YOU ARE FACING:

• "Nspr4.dll Not Found." (example)

• "This application has failed to start because Nspr4.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.(example)"

• "..."

THE PROBABLE SOLUTION:
STEP-1: DOWNLOAD THE ATTACHED ZIP FILE Attached File  nspr4.zip   72.52KB   155 downloads
STEP-2: UNZIP ALL THE CONTENTS TO A NEW FOLDER
STEP-3: COPY THE NSPR4.DLL FILE
STEP-4: PASTE IT INTO YOUR [SYSTEM_DRIVE]/WINDOWS/SYSTEM FOLDER.
STEP-5: DONE.

Hope the solution works for you.
CONCLUSION: "YOU LOST THE NSPR Library, Netscape Portable Runtime"

sausdog

sausdog

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello mate,many thanks for your reply but.......How did i know it wouldnt be that easy.I clicked on your link to download which i did then when i go to open the download i get this,
The module (then a load of chinese writing)failed to load
Make sure the binary is sorted at the specified path or debug it.To check for the problems with the binery or dependent .dll files.
The specifed module could not be found.

sausdog

sausdog

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Just as an update,i have taken chrome off again and done a registry clean and a few scans and cleans.I have reloaded chrome and the problem seems to have gone,oh i have also got rid of roboform as this could have been one of the reasons for this.sujit-agarwal thanks for your reply.

Edited by sausdog, 20 March 2011 - 11:10 AM.